Sunday, March 21, 2010

First week of spring (or weekend)

Spring has popped up here in Boise. We have been busy in the yard all week. Lydia and I painted some old pots, and some new ones to plant out flowers in. We hauled in a yard of garden dirt for our new expansion in our garden. I planted peas, radish, potatoes, red, yellow and white onions, bib lettuce, spinach and a rhubarb plant. I might do beets in a few weeks but not sure yet. I still need to start all my indoor seeds for this summer. We planted 100 bulbs this weekend also, glads, dalhia's, iris and lupine. So needless to say I am done digging for a few days and need to just water water water, and pray the sun comes out. I had my 3rd cake class on Thursday and we learned how to make faces, hearts, cherries, grapes, drop flowers and shell borders. It was fun and next week is the last in the series 1, I have signed up for series 2 that will start in April for 4 weeks. I also finally just about finished Lydia's felt play house, I started on it the day after Thanksgiving but with working and everything else it took forever to find the time to get it done. She just loves it. I just have to get the roof on it.

No comments: