Saturday, March 13, 2010

Where did spring go?

We woke up to about an inch of snow this morning but it is slowly melting away as the sun comes out. We had grand plans to rip up about 6ft by 8ft of grass today and buy soil to expand my garden, but those plans have changed and we went and bought Kris a bike instead. I am so excited we can finally have family bike rides like I did when I was a kid!

This week was my 2nd cake decorating class but the 1st time we actually played with frosting. Oh it was so stressful, I don't have any idea how Linda would do all thos cakes in one weekend-wow! Lydia helped bake the cake or should I say eat the beater and bowl and of course she had frosting by the spoon full after I got my first layer on. I think she loves it that mommy is doing this.

We are getting bids from a few different companies to put up a pergola or sun awning in over our patio since in July and August you can't even walk out in the 100 degree weather since it is South facing. It is exciting to take this first step, maybe someday we will get one built!

We are taking Lydia to her first movie theather movie today at the dollar theater, I thnk we all three get popcorn and a drink for $10. We are going to see princess and the frog. She is super excited.

Don't forget to keep voting for Lydia's photo (see next post)

Have a great weekend!

She found all her old toys in a box and has been so delighted playing with them in our closet

My 1st cake-hopefully the next improve

This is what I caught her doing when I turned around from placing the cake in the ove

No comments: